Xunantunich, east freize

Xunantunich structure A-6-2nd: the east frieze [Photo by Juan José Perez January 4, 1998]

This part of the frieze was first found and excavated in 1950. The sculpted frieze is attached to the upper part of a large building, A-6-2nd, constructed about 800 A.D. Both the building and the frieze were buried by the construction of the final building, A-6-1st.