"A double-headed grotesque figure on all fours, with a turtle shell on his back, carved in the round, badly eroded, some 1.8 m (6 feet) long by 1.2 m (4 feet) high. One head is apparently human, the other is apparently skeletal [shown in this photo]. Monument 14 probably represents the old deity usually called God N. When first seen by Maudslay, it was broken in half and lodged in the roots of a large tree, which he had felled in 1883. By 1894, during Maudslay's last visit to Quirigua, Monument 14 was cleared of the remains of the tree and photographed. It was first repaired by Hewett in 1911, and subsequently repaired again in more recent times."
Robert J. Sharer, Quirigua: A Classic Maya Center & Its Sculptures, Carolina Academic Press, 1990, p. 56