"The substructure now supports a one-room building closely flanked on the west by a tower-like block of masonry. It is possible that a second block may have occupied a similar position to the east of the building. The existing tower has rounded corners forming a number of narrow zones separated by plain bands, somewhat similar to the ornamental buttress of Structure VI. It still stands above the level of the spring of the vault of the adjoining building, but its facing has now practically all fallen above the level of the building's floor. "
Ruppert & Dennison, Archaeological Reconnaissance in Campeche, Quintana Roo, and Peten, 1943. p. 40.